Stomach pain and sore throat
Last week I got back from a month long trip to Malaysia and since being home I've had terrible stomach ache and discomfort after eating. I thought it was just indigestion due to the change in diet on coming home - i.e. much richer food, but now I'm worried it might be something else. I'm also now starting to feel a sore throat coming and I'm a bit worried these could be malaria symptoms. Its been going a week now so I'm getting confused and anxious - I'm sure its probably nothing, but any ideas what it could be?

I am having two possibilities in my mind after reading your symptoms.

Firstly,it can be a case of mononucleosis.It is a viral infection causing fevers, sore throat, and swollen lymph glands, especially in the neck. It is usually linked to the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), but can also be caused by other organisms such as cytomegalovirus (CMV).
Diagnosed by mono spot test(takes only a few minutes, and can be done in a physician's office), Epstein-Barr virus antigen by immunofluorescence and Epstein-Barr virus antibody titers.

Most patients recover within 2-4 weeks without medication. Rest, a healthy diet, plenty of fluids, limiting heavy exercise and competitive sports, and treatment of aches with acetaminophen (Tylenol, Panadol) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) will help the illness pass.

Second possibility is of streptococcal sore throat.Diagnosed by rapid strep test If positive,then antibiotics are needed. Penicillin is the preferred medication. Oral penicillin must be taken for 10 days. Patients need to take the entire amount of antibiotic prescribed, even after symptoms of the sore throat improve. Stopping the antibiotic early can lead to a return of the sore throat.

Pls consult a physician and get yourself evaluated as physical examination ir required to make a diagnosis.

Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.