The shakes/nervousness
I took a bus trip to AL three weeks ago(total roundtrip time 48 hrs.) and ever since coming home, I have had what I describe as the shakes on the inside as if I drank too much coffee. It seems worse when I am sleeping. It was getting better, but two days ago, I become very light headed and felt as if I were going to pass out and started sweating. The shakes have now returned.

My mother and brother are diabetic, but I just had a yearly exam and my bloodwork did not detect any diabetes.

I am a bit worried since it's lasted so long.

If there is any information you could share, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Have you been tested to see if you had Hypoglycemia (Low Blood Sugar)?
You are describing how I feel when my blood sugar skyrockets or crashes (I have Type II diabetes).  My lab results look okay on the A1C and I am on a good carb-controlled diet but the flucutation on my blood glucose levels can be crazy.  The other day I had nothing but grapes and cheese for dinner and my glucose was 186 (apparently I had way too many grapes).  

It may not hurt to invest in a home glucose monitor and check your levels when you wake up, before eating, and after meals.  Check it for about a week and keep a log.  If your sugar drops below about 65-70 or goes above about 160 regularly, schedule and appointment with your doctor for a glucose tolerance test.

take care.