Why I am always hot?
I am always hot. I always have been. Right now, I am sitting quietly at my computer, and I am absolutely sticky with sweat. I can feel beads of it forming and dripping down my forehead and armpits. My hair is completely slicked back with sweat. I feel hot. Uncomfortably hot. It is only about 73 degrees in here, (according to my clock thermometer) but it feels like it's about 85. I woke up sweaty (even though it is only about 60 degrees in my room at night and I have a fan blowing on me) and by the time I got back from my morning walk (it was only about 55 degrees outside) I was absolutely drenched. It feels so disgusting. I took a shower, but I am already sweaty again, after having done nothing but work at my computer all day.

I am a good weight for my height (about 160lbs at 5'10'') and am in excellent shape. My level of muscularity is average. I also have hypothyroidism, which makes me even more bewildered that I am so hot all the time.

I live in Portland, Oregon, a very temperate place. So why does my body function as though I live in the middle of a dense tropical rain forest?
Well, i am dealing with the same issue, I am prettty sure mine is from MS. It is one of my worst symptoms.  I use cooling aids, such a gel packs, neck scarves with cooling gel, and use my pool alot, take alot of cold baths. And it makes me very self-conscious being out and about.  I live in alabama too.  no  the matter, happens in winter too.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
  If you have hypothyroidism then please get your T3, T4, TSH checked as there is every chance that you have reached a hyperthyroid state with excess hormone supplementation. Antibiotic or other drug metabolism can also cause a feeling of heat in the body. Drink plenty of fluids, eat lots of fruits and vegetables and take multivitamins. Sjogren’s syndrome is another possibility.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Hope this helps. Take care!
ur biological clock i s distrubed.relax ur computer work for one month and take vitamin B rich diet.
I only started my treatment for hypothyroidism three days ago, so I doubt I have reached a hyperthyroidic state just yet. As I said, I have been hot for years, even when my hypothyroidism was untreated.

I am not particularly muscular, but I sometimes wonder if perhaps my body size/shape to muscle/fat ratio is just right to cause an excess of internal heat. Or maybe my natural metabolism runs hot, even with my thyroid problem?

I am a 26 year old male, if that helps.

As for relaxing my computer work, that is not possible, since I literally work from my computer. I do get plenty of sunshine and outside time though, usually walking around and hiking.