Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Why am I always Tired?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Why am I always Tired?

I have been so tired. I dunno why, I don't have a job so I don't really have a reason to be tired. I don't wake up until 3pm and thats only b/c my boyfriend makes me. I know that its not healthy to sleep all the time. I just wanna know what could be causing this to happen. If it was up tp me I would sleep all the time. After I wake up I still wanna go back to bed. Sometimes after my bf leaves for work I will go back to bed and thats about 4pm. And i'll stay asleep until about 8 or 9pm. My bf gets off work about 2am and then we both go back to bed and I have no trouble falling asleep. I am starting a Job either Monday or Tuesday so I need to know what I need to do. Thanks!
I'm 19... with graves diease and I dont take medication for the graves diease.
Cant go to the doctor or get meds. Please help.
Also I have posted things about my period lasting 12 days sometimes.. or starting early and lastong forever and clotting really bad.
Could my Graves Diease be getting worse.
I found out I had it in 2006 and I took medicine for about 3 months then my insureance got taken away so I had to stop taking. So I havent took meds for the GD in about 3 yeasr.
And my breast hurt alot too. Please help.
I think I felt a lump to but not sure.
Have your docor arrange to have you checked for sleep apnea.  One does not have to snore to have it.  

During sleep one can stop breathing for anywhere from 10 sec - to up to almost 2 min several or many times an hour.  You may not even realize that this is causing awakenings which contribute to sleep loss.

Some symptoms besides being very tired or sleepy is morning headaches, being in a fog most of the time, not being able to focus or concentrate as well as you used to be able to do, falling asleep while reading a book, watching tv, driving a car, or other.

This is a serious disease as it can effect your heart if left untreated.  You may need to have a cpap machine to keep you breathing properly at night.

I'm sure there are other reasons for being so tired.  How much exercise do you do each day?  Exercise creates energy.  What passions or hobbies do you have?  Sometimes one can sleep a lot from bordom or depression.  Everyone should have a passion or hobby to look forward to.

First check with your doctor.  

Best to you,

OneTiredPuppy

:)

Thank you so much for the comment. ;)

How are you?

I had earlier also replied to your post regarding the irregularity in menstrual cycle citing thyroid disease to be one of the causes of irregular menstrual cycle.

Constant tiredness and fatigue can be due to anemia,chronic fatigue  syndrome,hypothyroidism, disorders of the hypothalamus,psychiatric disorders like depression and sleep-related breathing disorders.

Excessive sleepiness can be due to sleep apnea and other sleep-related breathing disorders, psychiatric disorders like depression and schizophrenia,diabetes,obesity,restless leg syndrome,use of drugs or alcohol and narcolepsy(Abnormal sleep disorder leading to excessive daytime drowsiness). Kleine-Levin syndrome is present in about three times more males than females, but it is a very rare syndrome and can be a cause of hypersomnia or excessive sleepiness.

I sincerely advise you to get the treatment for your thyroid disorder and get yourself evaluated for the above possibilities of excessive sleepiness from a sleep specialist/physician.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.Kind regards.

I don't know what your doctor told you about graves disease, but it’s a very serious disease that needs to be taken care of with medication. I’m 19 too and I was diagnosed with graves disease about 2 years ago and I felt horrible all the time I slept all day, missed school, my heart was always racing, and i had a lot of other symptoms.

http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/489/main.html#SymptomsofGraves

As you can see one of the symptoms is fatigue and with no treatment, graves disease will only get worse. When I was first diagnosed I went to a specialist once every 2 weeks and less and less until everything got leveled out and I feel much better I have so much more energy. It’s really unfortunate that you can’t go to the dr or get meds but it really is necessary, its dangerous that you don’t go maybe you could try and get Medicaid.
Note, Very Important:

Although there could be other contributing factors, if you are inside all the time you are definately not getting the Vitamin D you need that we all get from sunlight. You can have you Vitamin D levels checked but they are a definate immediate relation to energy levels. There is a book "The Vitamin D Cure" you can read, see your doctor, read on the internet. Assuming I am most likely sure the levels are low, unless you do "fake and bake tanning" you can take supplementation to increase the levels. Once you find out how low your levels are then you may be able to take quite large doses ie. 1,000-3,000 IU. Also, understand Vitamin D builds up in the body over a period of about 3 months so if you take it one week you will not be cured of your tiredness although it may gradually start to increase your energy.

Jen