Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
chronic mono symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

chronic mono symptoms

my boyfriend has a chronic reoccurring mono infection, but says not to worry, because it isnt catching. i am worried. he has had plenty of partners, and reading that mono symptoms can be like hiv symptoms has me distressed. i know the doctor diagnosed him with mono in the past, but should i be worried or no?
If I were you, I'd be worried. Mono is contagious, and if you know he's "been around", that is even greater cause to worry. You really should insist that he get tested for HIV, and if you've already been intimate, you should get tested too. In fact, you really should both get all STD's ruled out.
he needs to get another blood test done my girls had mono then they did another test because they continue to have symptoms and it tested positive for ebstein bar.  which is an offshoot of mono.  you can have symptoms of mono for along time.  once you get it its easy to continue having problems the dr says to treat the problem by alot of sleep and liquids.  its a bummer because there is nothing they can do for you because its viral.
have him get tested for ebstein bar a titer of mono.  good luck and tell him to stick with one person.  it will catch up with him if hes not careful.  watch yourself too mono is catching if you start to feel really tired you might want to get checked to.
good luck to you both,