Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
constant right side rib, back, shoulder pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

constant right side rib, back, shoulder pain

I have constant pain under my right ribs area for years, now it is getting worse..
Cat scans showed no cause for pain...
Feels like it is ready to explode... nothing helps but laying down...
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
445362_tn?1206969318
Have they ever considered this as possibly a musculoskeletal problem Costochondritis and other things can cause awful pain in the ribs, but I don't know of have heart if it shows up on a cat scan. I suggest you get a new doctor if you haven't already. Also you deserve relief from pain until they can find out what is going on, so try to get into a pain management clinic. If your heart has been checked out and the cat scans are fine, they could run an MRI. Have they checked your bloodwork thoroughly. One more thought, a rheumatologist might be able to order some of the tests you need. Hope you feel better soon, I am so sorry you are in pain
Blank
I had something similar last year. I was having sharp pains in my chest and under my arm. I finally went to my PCP and he found a knot in my breast bone. I had Costochondritis. It is something that can last for 4 months my doctor said. Ibprofen for swelling or Tylenol for pain and a heating pad or hot baths really helped me. This was back in Sept. I haven't had major pain since December. Every now and then I get a flare up but nothing like I was having. Try a heating pad or try a nice hot bath. Good luck! Hopefully you will feel better soon!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank