cyst on head
I have a cyst on top of my head. It started when I was only 12 years old, the size of a mongo bean. I remember I bumpred my head few times when I was playing. I'm now 40+, the cyst is like the size of a quarter. Its hard, doesn't move when pressed. I feel no pain, it just bother me because I know it's there. Should I have removed?

This discussion is related to mysterious immobile cyst on top of head.

Cysts of the head describe a variety of soft, usually nontender benign lumps or masses that are found below the skin (subcutaneous).From your symptoms it can be a sebaceous cyst . Sebaceous cysts most often arise from swollen hair follicles. Skin trauma can also induce a cyst to form. A sac of cells is created into which a protein called keratin is secreted. They can be surgically removed or smaller ones injected with steroids.  

Do you have any other symptoms like headache,dizziness etc?
I sincerely advise you to consult a neurologist and get it examinaed from him as without examination confirming a diagnosis is not possible.Maybe a CT scan may be needed to confirm a diagnosis.

I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.

Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.