dark, prominant veins and arm pains
Last night, after taking off a sweatshirt that i had worn all day, i was shocked to find that my veins were extremely dark and prominent. Not bulging, but almost like i had drawn them on with a marker. This was a little scary considering i am only 22 and am not on any medication. You could see them extremely clearly all throughout my chest/breasts, and both arms, and my breasts and nipples were very sore. My first thought was that my bra was too tight, which i know is not the best explanation because it was fairly comfortable to wear, but i was just trying to make sense of it. going with that theory i tried to regain circulation by sleeping on my back and not on my side/arm like usual, but since i woke up this morning i have had tingling and pains in my right hand and arm. the veins aren't as dark as they were last night, but it is starting to worry me.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
At times the venous engorgement is without a cause. Peripheral vascular disease, faulty deep veins’ valves and high blood pressure as the cause would need to be ruled out. Kidney function tests should also be done. Another possibility is arterial type of thoracic outlet syndrome which happens due to narrowing of space below and behind the collar bone. Please consult your PCP and get a referral for a vascular specialist. Hope this helps. Take care!

Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.