finger knuckle pain
The knuckles in my fingers are very sore.  If I knock on a door (normally, not hard) it feels like I just punched a cement wall.  Both my ring finger knuckles have swelled to where I can not get my rings over them.  It started aboutub 6 months ago and just progressively gets worse, I just noticed it happeneing in my right hand about 2 weeks ago.
Any ideas what this could be?  
Thanks for writing to the forum!

This could be due to rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout, synovial membrane irritation etc. All of these except osteoarthritis basically result in involvement of small joints.

Please discuss this with your doctor (preferably an orthopedic specialist) and get yourself investigated accordingly. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

I am having some knuckle pain on my right hand on my middle finger, however i do not remember hurting my hand at all, there is no swelling and  i can keep it in the straight position however when i bend it the pain comes. any suggestions?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Well if there was no injury then the other possibilities are arthritis like gout, osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis. It could also be irritation of synovial membrane of the joint or it could be synovial membrane’s infection. Do consult an orthopedic specialist. The treatment will depend on the diagnosis. However over the counter ant inflammatory drugs will help relieve pain in all cases.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

A related discussion, Knuckle pain was started.