hemorrhoids and mucus

A while ago, I was diagnosed with a small internal hemorrhoid. Symptoms at the time were a little bright red blood on the outside of my stool on occasion. Also a small amount of yellowish mucus on the toilet paper. This has continued on and off for a few months.

However the other day, about an hour after a bowel movement, I felt like I needed to go again. However nothing came out except gas and a little yellow mucus. Not a lot, just like I had blown my nose or something, but enough to drop into the toilet. The stool I passed before this was large, hard and caused straining, suggesting to me that it could have irritated a hemorrhoid, but no blood. Can an internal hemorrhoid do this?

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Some amount of mucus is always present in stool. Mucus can be due to internal hemorrhoid or it can also be due to amoebiasis (as you felt an urge to pass stool) which is an infection. You should get your stool examined for this infection. At times the hemorrhoid is associated with fissure and this too can be a cause. Inflammatory bowel conditions such as IBS, Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis too can cause mucus in stool. Please discuss these possibilities with your doctor.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!