high sed rate
I am a 56 year old female who until dec. of 2009 was in good health.  I started feeling very fatigued and energy level is terrible.  I have undergone practically every blood test imaginable.  My sed rate is 129 which I understand is off the charts.  I have had a positive epstein barr result.  Along with all this I had such weakness, pain in the hips and problems lifting my arm up over head. just discomfort no pain.  First sent to an autoimmune doctor and he tested everything and no diagnosis.  Second time I saw him I told of the discomfort of hips, legs and he said bingo I had PMR.  Started me on prednisone.  Took about a week and then I was scheduled to see a rhematologist.  Well he said he didn't think I had PMR and to stop the pred.  His diagnosis was the epstein barr virus and fibromyalgia.  I still have no energy and could sleep at drop of hat.  Recently had the sleep apnea study done and getting ready to get my machine.  My concern is still the high sed rate and it has been almost three months and still not a lot better.  Where do I go next.  Sometimes I will get the chills for no reason but that has let up.  Don't have them very often now.
Clinlabnavigator's website lists as the causes most common for ESR (>100 mm/hr): infection, collagen vascular disease, metastatic cancer, and myeloma.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.