Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
leg pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

leg pain

I'm having leg pain starting 10 days ago while driving. Lasting 1-2 days and subsiding. After 2 days it returned.  Running in a line from my inner arch of my foot, up the back of my calf, the back of my knee, around both sides of my knee (left side is slightly swollen and tender) to my mid-inner thigh.
I called my dr. & got no response. Fearing clots, I decided to go to the er. A D-dimer test was done to check clotting (normal).  The P.A. tending to me wiggled my foot and told me he thought I had plantar fascititis, told me to follow up with my dr next week.

This was great except MY LEG HURTS AND NOT MY HEEL.  I can stand on toes & flex foot without pain.  
My dr's nurse called set & appointment for 4 days later.  

The pain is still growing to a point of teeth grinding severity. The next day there was some very moderate swelling around my ankle. I returned to the er fearing clots.  A new dr. ordered the test again which returned normal again, told me to get better shoes and sent me home. Neither dr or assistant ever looked at my leg!

After reviewing the er report my dr. attempted to reach me to move up the appt. to today, but I got the message too late.  He offered to see me tomorrow.  Foolishly I said if I didn't have a clot I could cope 2 more days.

What is wrong with me?  My leg HURTS.  Pressure from sitting hurts my thigh.  Pressue from laying hurts my calf.  The knee and arch BURN constantly. My leg burns constantly. When standing it is a bit better.  Sitting is INTENSELY PAINFUL. The only other thing I've noticed is an area of bulging veins on my outer ankle.
It could be varicose veins. They can be very painful.
The archillies tendon joins the heel and the large muscle in the back of the lower leg.  It is sounds like the tendon is retracting, which would give you the pain you have. Try icing it.  Wrap a bag of veggies (you will not use them again)in a damp cloth.  Rest your ankle on the bag. It will mold itself around the ankle and cool the tendon.  The icy package should not touch the skin.  Ice this way for about 15 minutes.  Rest the ankle for 30 minutes while the veggie re-freeze. You should get relief after a day or so.
I am a 48 year old woman and have had a number of health issues in the past few months. Started with Bacterial Pneumonia in Feb. then find out I have Hepatitis C and also had my gallbladder removed. I've had pernicious anemia since my 20's and blood work keeps showing me as being anemic. I haven't felt well since my pneumonia...I now have joint pain, leg pain, some blurred vision, headaches and have very restless sleep. I also have severe acid reflux, meds have never helped. I'm feeling desperate. I feel as though there's something very wrong.
First of all quit going to the ER. The ER is not a diagnostic facility. The ER is a medical emrgency tretment center. To many people run to the ER to have a sore throat or cough looked at..WRONG MOVE  keep the cost down and keep the ER  patient activity down so they can get serious or life threatening injuries stabilized and treated