Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
losing strength in left arm and hand

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

losing strength in left arm and hand

Hi, I'm 40 yr old female with 21 yrs type 1 diabetes.  About 6 months ago I noticed a tender spot in the front upper arm that only hurts when I lifted my arm a certain way or lay on it. Now over the past week I have noticed the strength in the left arm is getting very week more and more. I have noticed the strength in my fingers also going. I find it hard not to hold a fork but to use it. Finding it hard to lift light things. No pain apart from the upper arm when in certain positions. I have just noticed my little finger is going numb also. Hope you can help. Thank you