Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
migratory joint pain - fibromyalgia?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

migratory joint pain - fibromyalgia?

I have had migratory joint pain for 4 weeks. It started in my knee, and has traveled from joint to joint. It gets so bad that I cannot climb stairs by the end of the night without difficulty. I have difficulty writing due to the hand and wrist pain. I am stiff and sore in the joints in the mornings, it gets better during the day and then the pain is severe in the evenings. I have had blood tests for Lupus, Rhematoid arthritis, lymes and parvo and they have been all negative.

I also have chronic neck, back and hip pain. This has been going on for a long time now, over a year. I just live with the pain. I am tired throughout the day. I cannot sleep at night.

I was wondering if all of this could be due to fibromyalgia?
1 Comment
Yes, your symptoms could be caused by fibromyalgia, but if they were, you would also have sensitivity and pain at specific pressure points.

Migratory joint pain that starts in the knees sure sounds a lot like Lyme Disease. Doctors who treat a lot of Lyme estimate that 30-50% of people with Lyme test false negative on the standard blood tests, which means that you haven't eliminated it yet.

I encourage you to find a LLMD, a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor associated with ILADS who can check you out for Lyme Disease, and get you tested at IGeneX, a specialty lab that finds more cases than other labs.

All the symptoms of Fibro can also be caused by Lyme, and both can be tricky to diagnose when there aren't definitive tests for either. But since Lyme is treatable, it is worth pursuing to either exclude or confirm it.