Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
sleepwalking and eating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

sleepwalking and eating

Ok within the past week I have been sleepwalking alot.  Normally I just end up going to the bathroom, sometimes waking on my way back to bed.  This past week I have been sleep eating.  I wake up and I am sitting at the table eating STRANGE concoctions.  Last night I was eating wheat bread with butterscotch topping (the kind for icecream) and maple syrup.  Earlier in the week I woke up in bed with a terrible taste in my mouth.  I went to go gargle or brush my teeth to get rid of the taste.  On the kitchen table was an empty jar of pickles, part of a red bell pepper and half the condiments from the fridge.  The ketchup, mustard, horseradish, and steak sauce.  I practically gagged, thinking I could eat that, well at least all of it together.  In the morning I also noticed that all my hubby's tastycake cupcakes were gone and it was a full box.  Then I found all the wrappers under the table.  If I had not woken up in the midst of eating these weird things, I would have blamed the kids.  I have type 1 dibetes, so I work hard maintaining a good blood sugar during the day, so my morning lood sugars ar in the 300's.  I am going to mess up my blood sugars bad if this keeps happening, but I dont know how to stop it.  Also sometimes while I am getting things out of the fridge in my sleep, I am kinda aware of it.  I just cant wake up or stop...its like I am a zombie.  Hubby has seen me and says my eyes are open, and I even yelled at him to go away and leave me alone.  This has me freaked out, and I dont know if it can be related to some other illness I might have or if it is an independent disorder.  At the very least, let me know I am not alone.