Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
tire of being tired

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

tire of being tired

My mind wants to go, go , go but my body wants to sleep, sleep, sleep.  I know I have a ton of stress but gimine.  I was told about 5 years ago my adrenal gland had flat lined, I have had epstein bare for over 15 years.  It does go into remission, but I can tell when it's creaping it's ugly head.
  I was diagnosed 20 years ago with hypothyroid.  I was diagnosed my sophmore year in collge wit dislexia and severe ADHD.   I had gastric bypass surgery 7 years ago and lost over 200 lbs.  I have been able to keep it off.  But because I'm not able to absorb nutrients, I have to keep a close eye on my iron and blood sugar.  I was have had a total hysterictomy because of heavy clotting,  My blood sugar will drop unexpectedly to below 40, then it takes approximately 2 days to recuperate.  
   My husband has been ill with unexplained neaurological issues for approxiamtely 4 years, my father-in-law, who has copd, moved in with us 5 years ago after the death of my mother-in-law, I work with my ailing 76 father, who is severely over weight and has diabetes and  have a very active teenage son.  We also have a grown son and daughter-in-law and a new grandbaby.  
    I used to be involved in everything.  Everyone at school turned to me.  We were always having people over.  That was and is my love.  But now, it seems like I can't do anything with paying the price of being bedridden for 2 days.  
I am 45 years old.  My goal is to skydive by the time I am 50.  I also want to enjoy life. I love water sports.  I don't like taking alot of meds but right now i take armour thyroid, cymbalta, eemt for hormones, a multviamin with iron, an adrenal supplement, vyvanse, calcium, potassium and Vitamin D3.  
   I just had to change insurance companies and my Primary Care Physician is not in network, so I'm probably going to have to find a new physician.  I do see a psychiatrist to manage my cymbalta and vyvanse.  All of my physicians are very good and caring, it's just when you only see then every 4 months or once a year, it's hard to get everything straight.  
   I know I can't be in this boat alone.  As I am writing this, I have pressure behind my ears, my lower back aches, my stomach muscles hurt, my head feels like it weighs 100 lbs, my head hurts behind my eyes, my legs ache and my calves hurt to touch. I have brain fog, my hands are shaking and my body is throbbing.  
   I don't like to show these signs to my family.  I have tried act inthusiastic.  It took me six hours today to get out of bed and take a shower.  This is not condusive to making a living.   HELP!  I will try anything.
1 Comment
Obviously you are under a tremendous amount of stress and need to take a back seat right now to all these family problems. I can relate to this having gone through a whole lot in the last 4 years and ended up with bad back pain. Anyway, the things I am concerned for you to check out is your thyroid, blood sugar and Iron level. So you need to get those retested along with a complete blood count. If any of  these are off (low in your case) then of course you will be tired. You need to keep your blood sugar regulated. Do you have hypoglycemia? If so, you need to eat small meals 4-6 times a day with protein in the meal. It doesn't have to meat you can have legumes, nuts, rice and beans, etc. to keep your protein level up which will keep your blood sugar up. Why is your iron low? Is it due to a ulcer or heavy menstration or the diet? Lots of dark green leafy veggies are important. Do you take iron supplements? The thyroid is always a problem. My husband is flat out in bed when his thyroid is low. Let me know if I can help more.