Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
wierd feeling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

wierd feeling

I am not really sure what is wrong with me lately.  I am a 27 y/o female, reasonably healthy.  This past week I have had some symptoms that have really been bothering me.  I notice they usually start in the evening.  I get this weird feeling and feel very warm, however I don't have a fever to my knowledge.  I will begin to sweat alot and my hands and feet will feel a bit swollen from being so warm.  My hands get though like I am holding them over a fire.  My face, neck, chest and thighs feel very warm to me also.  I get this sensation over my skin like my skin hurts....sort of like if you spent the whole day in the sun and and your skin becomes sensitive to touch.  I will also develop pain in some of my joints....mainly in my fingers, my elbows and my hips......like an arthritis type pain....or for someone that has been out in the ice cold weather and you take your hands under very warm water and it makes them hurt a bit, from the temp change.....I also get this pain and very warm feeling in my ears like I had an ear infection and my eyes bother me.  My eye feel warm like if I was sick and get a coating sort of over them (i wear contacts and it will bother me to have my contact in), if I try to put drops in or put my contacts in if they were already out, my eyes burn like I just got soap in them....they also burn regardless in a way, when I feel like this.  My mouth also gets warm and I can't taste food as well, almost like if I had the flu.....I am not really sure what is wrong, all I want to do then is lay around with ice on me.  I have felt like this on and off for years, but now it has really been bothering me and happening more often.  I have absolutely no health insurance, so it is hard to go to the doctor.  The only that I can really compare this over all experience to is when I was on Effexor XR for anxiety and when I went off of it, I felt like this, only a little worse.  I really don't know what to do or have any idea what might be wrong.
1 Comment

Feeling warmth without any fever can be due to thyroid disorders,anxiety and panic atteacks,hypoglycemic attacks,hormonal imbalance,hyperhydrosis(excessive sweating) and premenopause in elderly women.Sometimes, patients who have recovered from a febrile illness continue to experience chills in the convalescence period.Also sometimes people have Qfever without showing any symptoms of fever.

It is advisable to first have the investigations for fever like ESR,complete blood count,blood culture,blood test for malarial parasite,widal test,x-ray chest or sonography to exclude any of the pathologies associated with fever.If negative,then other causes of ffeling feverish without fever should be looked for.Pls discuss these possibilities with your physician.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.