Urinary Tract Infection Community
Blood in urine

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Blood in urine

Can being on plavix and asprin daily for 3 years cause blood in the urine---all testing shows nothing wrong anywhere.
Tags: urine
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Patients taking Clopidrogel have been reported of having cystitis ,glomerulopathy and elevated creatinine levels .One rare side effect of taking this drug is Henoch-Schonlein purpura which can cause vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal distension, hematuria, renal colic etc.Aspirin is a blood thinning drug which can  cause haematuria.If the haematuria is significant seek the opinion of  a urologist. I sincerely hope it helps.
Take care and kind regards!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Take care and kind regards!
Thank you so much for your comment.  It does make me feel better to know that what I am taking can cause the blood.