Urinary Tract Infection Community
Blood in urine
About This Community:

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood in urine

Can being on plavix and asprin daily for 3 years cause blood in the urine---all testing shows nothing wrong anywhere.
Tags: urine
Blank
Hi there,
Patients taking Clopidrogel have been reported of having cystitis ,glomerulopathy and elevated creatinine levels .One rare side effect of taking this drug is Henoch-Schonlein purpura which can cause vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal distension, hematuria, renal colic etc.Aspirin is a blood thinning drug which can  cause haematuria.If the haematuria is significant seek the opinion of  a urologist. I sincerely hope it helps.
Take care and kind regards!
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi there,
Patients taking Clopidrogel have been reported of having cystitis ,glomerulopathy and elevated creatinine levels .One rare side effect of taking this drug is Henoch-Schonlein purpura which can cause vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal distension, hematuria, renal colic etc.Aspirin is a blood thinning drug which can  cause haematuria.If the haematuria is significant seek the opinion of  a urologist. I sincerely hope it helps.
Take care and kind regards!
Blank
Thank you so much for your comment.  It does make me feel better to know that what I am taking can cause the blood.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urinary Tract Infection Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...