20 Year-old with Variocele
My son is 20 years old and about 6-8 months ago he was diagnosed with a variocele in his scrotum. He saw a specialist at a urology clinic and the doctor didn't seem too concerned about my son getting it surgically repaired. It's been 8 months now and my son seems to be in no hurry to get the variocele fixed as it's not causing him too much discomfort, just once in a while he has some discomfort. I am concerned that my son's future for reproducing children will be affected. Should my son look into getting the variocele fixed surgically? Please advise. Thank you.
Your concern makes sense, you want to be a grandma one day! But I would think the doctors know if his case is bad or not. Variocele is really quite common, and doesn't cause serious problems very often. A lot of the time it's more likely to cause injury from the surgery than from just observing variocele (leaving it  alone unless it gets bad). Personally, I wouldn't worry about it unless he starts having pain or other symptoms of it worsening. It usually doesn't get bad.