Urology Community
After TURp

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

After TURp

Hi ,
I have undergone TURP before a month even after that i feel the urge to urinate and even when i consume less water same feeling will it take time to recover to normal stage or what is that
    Thanks for writing in. Usually patient’s notice a  considerable change after TURP. But if you are still feeling frequent urge to urinate, then a urine analysis can help analysing the condition. Do you have any burning sensation or any discharge?

As, with TURP in the post operative period, you are put on foley’s catheter, there could some irritation due to that tube and there by inflammation.

I would suggest that you get a urine analysis, prostrate exam by a urologist to confirm the diagnosis and further advise on treatment.
Best.