Urology Expert Forum
Blood in semen, fatigue, joint pain, lower back pain....

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Two years ago I started to feel lower back pain and fatigue, over the months this increased. I also started to experience joint pain and stiffness. I was finding I had to go for a wizz 2-3 times during the night. Then my foreskin tightened up and when mastabating it would become inflammed afterwards.
The amount of semen became less and less and was accompanied by brown blood. Eventually no semen was emitted at all. I also had
a small hernia pop out in my groin region for no apparent reason
After a year of tests I was proscribed prednisolone (steroids) which cleared up all the symptoms until I was taken off them then ALL the symptoms returned. At present I'm back on the steroids. Can anybody please tell me what is wrong
with me?
Dave
Blood in the semen can be associated with infection as well as prostate disease.  

A transrectal ultrasound is normally recommended as an initial diagnostic test.  This can look for prostate masses or abscesses.

Obtaining a urine tests as well as prostatic massage can be done as well.  

A urology referral should be obtained to evaluate these possibilities.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
268
0
268
0