Blood in semen after stent removal
Hi. I've been having kidney stone problem more than 4 months.
I've had 2 times of Lithotripsy during 4 months and finally yesterday I had stent removal.
I've had a lot of blood in my urine yesterday but the end of night I didn't have blood in my urine any more.
But today I found a lot of blood in my semen twice in the morning and at night.
Before I had stent removal, I didn't see any blood in my semen.
I could only find bloody in urine and of course it was because of the stent.
I'm really worried about having blood in my semen.
Is it normal as I see blood in my urine after stent removal? Will be a temporary thing?
Hi there!

Blood in semen is medically known as haematospermia. Haematospermia is most commonly caused by a prostatic venous bleed tough it could originate from the testicles, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles or urethra as well. Other and related causes include infections (bacterial, viral, fungal, parasitic)/ inflammations (50%), calculi, post inflammatory cysts, uncontrolled hypertension, diverticuli, strictures, trauma, growths, bleeding disorders malignancies (4-13%) etc. Multiple causes may be involved in a few cases. Calculi and minor injuries related to the stent may occasionally be responsible for it. Since this has been a single episode this may not be something to worry about. However if it recurs, it would be advised to get this evaluated by a urologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this information helps.

Take care!