Blood in sperm
Dear Doctor,

From last one year during ejeculation of sperm lot of blood is comming out from penis.
Some times sperms having red colour , dark red, dard yellow.

What is the reason for the same .

Please also suggest some medicine.

Regards

Ravi khanna
India
Blood in semen is called hematospermia. It can be due to infections like herpes, Chlamydia, cytomegalovirus, trichominiasis ; inflammation of the prostate (prostatitis), epididymis (epididymitis), or urethra (urethritis) ; calculi (stones )in the seminal vesicles or prostate ; polyps in the urethra ; ejaculation-duct obstructions ; cysts, hemorrhage, or other abnormalities in the seminal vesicles ; benign or malignant tumors of the prostate, bladder, testes, or seminal vesicles and metastatic cancers.

Diagnosed by physical examination and investigations like urinalysis, semen analysis and ultrasound and MRI. Treatment will depend on the diagnosis. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.