Blood in urine
Hello, I'm 18 year old girl. I had urinary tract infection (which were manifested with blood in urine and pain in bladder aria or urethra). I have visited doctor and i took antibiotics - Citeral (ciprofloxacin) and other capsules with cranberry extract. That was a month ago, and i was fine 3 or 4 days after first indications.
Before two weeks i drink a bit of alcohol (one cup) and i had blood in urine (or different color) just once without any pain, and the same happened yesterday.
Do you think that previous infection have some connection with changing of urine color after drinking alcohol?
Now i am taking other drug - Immunilflor (for immunity), and i think my problem is happening when i mix alcohol and drug.
I want to know whether this is happening from mixing alcohol and drug, or my urinary system is sensitive of alcohol.
Thank you!
There is no direct relation between alcohol intake and hematuria. Presence of visible blood clots in urine is called gross hematuria or macroscopic hematuria. This signifies any underlying medical conditions which needs investigations to confirm. Most often it is related to urinary tract problems like kidney stones, inflammation of urinary tract, prostate enlargement, renal vein thrombosis, certain kidney tumors and polycystic kidney disease, blood coagulation disorders and anticoagulants.

Diagnostic tests that may be performed include Urinalysis, Urine culture, X-rays of the kidneys, Cystoscopy, IVP, Abdominal ultrasound and CT scan of the abdomen.

The treatment will depend on the cause of the blood in the urine.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.