Urology Expert Forum
Blue Penis
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Blue Penis

I'm a 19 year old who has only just recently found out about pulling the foreskin back on my penis. I did have phimosis but now the skin has loosened enough for me to get it over the bell. After being able to do this i discovered that the bottom half of my penis is completly blue. I know i should go to a doctor, but i beleive it will be quite akward and before i do go i was wanting to know roughly how serious this could be and any suggestions to what the cause of it could be.
Tags: penis, blue
Related Discussions
438205_tn?1240962949
Sounds to me as though your penis is normal. If some veins are close to the skin, then there may be a bluish cast to the tissue here. Do retract your foreskin EVERY DAY and wash with soap and water and be sure to pull the foreskin back down over  the head of your penis.  If you do not, you may get an infection and significant swelling underneath the foreskin that can ultimately result in your needing a circumcision.
S.A.Liroff,M.D.

This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only. It
does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Henry Ford  Hospital  or the
Vattikuti Urologic Institute.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic
and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical  condition.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker