Urology Expert Forum
Burning sensation on tip of penis?

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Burning sensation on tip of penis?
six days ago i began to experience an irritaiton on the tip of my penis.  I would mostly feel it when i brushed my finger across the tip or when my clothes rubbed against it while walking. Some added information.  I had masturbated twice the day before with my girlfriend, dry with not lube, within a two hour period of each other.  I have been masturbating for years and never, at least that i can remember experienced this after.  The irritation has gone down somewhat but i am now experiencing a slight burning sensation at the tip of my penis.  I do not have any redness, no pain at all when urinating, no sores at all .  I am concerned about a possible std.  However, my last sexual encounter was over 5 months ago.  I have been known in the past to over analyze my health concerns to the point of going to the doctor and finding out everything is ok.  Could i be imagining the symptoms i describe ?  Or magnifying what are normal sensations?  Sorry for the long post, but wanted to explain completely.  Thank you in advance.
Infection is certainly the most common cause of the symptoms.  Urine tests can be obtained for gonorrhea, chlamydia and other causes of a UTI.  

I would also check the prostate to exclude the possibility of infection.  A digital rectal exam would be a good start.

If infection can be completely ruled out, a cystoscopy can be considered to evaluate for anatomical abnormalities (i.e. urethral strictures or polyps).

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_b
0
0
0
0
0
0
A related discussion, Burning at tip of Penis was started.