Urology Community
Burning when Urinate
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Burning when Urinate

I burn when I pee,then I have a urge to pee but I can't. I have been to a urologist. He said that I had no infection.The doctor give me a prescription for Phenazopyrid,It stops the burning until the effect wears off.I have read that you are not supposed to take this drug over 2 days.The doctor has not done a DRE or a psa test yet.I also have a pelvic floor problem.(Levator Ani Syndrome. LAS is spasms of rectal muscles. I started having urinary problems about a 1 1/2 months ago. I also have been having  off and on constipation problems since I have had the urinary problems.Why would I have constipation problems? I never had a problem with constipation before I had the urinary problems. I had normal BM's everyday before the urinary problems.Are my urinary problems being caused by LAS or IC.? The LAS did not cause any BM problems, but why does the urinary problems cause constipation problems? I am a 63 yo male.

This discussion is related to Constant urethral burning and pain.