Urology Expert Forum
CRAZY SEDIMENT

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

CRAZY SEDIMENT

HELLO I'M A 34 YEAR OLD MALE I'M PARALYZED  ON MY LEFT SIDE I GOT SHOT 13 TIMES I  HAVE A SUPRA PUBIC CATHETER AND I ALWAYS HAD SEDIMENT IN MY CATHETER LINE BUT THE LAST 2 MONTHS I HAVE BEEN HAVING  A LOT MORE SEDIMENT   DOSE ANYONE KNOW WHAT ARE SOME FOODS THAT I CAN PUT IN MY DIET TO REDUCE SEDIMENT
Tags: sediment
Thanks for posting your query.

There is no diet as such to present deposits from being formed in the catheter but you need to drink at least 2-3 pints (1.5-2 litres) of fluids everyday to flush the kidneys and bladder in order to prevent urinary infections. Have a good mix of fluid types i.e. water, squash and juice. Also take less of tea, coffee and fizzy drinks. Also get regular washouts done for the catheter

The suprapubic catheter needs to be changed at 4-12 weekly intervals depending upon the catheter type used and your own situation. You or a member of your family may also be taught  to change the catheter.

Also try to avoid constipation by including wholemeal bread and
five portions of fresh fruit and vegetables in your diet each
day.

Usually with these measures the chances of infection and deposits inside the catheter are less but if you have frequent blockaged or sediment deposits then you may need cystoscopy – a surgical procedure in which an instrument (telescope) is inserted into your bladder to view the inside and allow it to be washed out. The possibility of bladder stones also need to be ruled out.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon. Wishing you good health.