Urology Community
Calcification in Testicles

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Calcification in Testicles

I had a testicular ultrasound 6 months ago which showed some calcification.What causes the calcification and how can I get rid of it? If I let it go on for too long, could it become cancerous?

Chris
39m
    How are you? Calcifications in the scrotum are usually of no significance and do not require any treatment.  The one expection is calcifications that occur in the testicle per se (as opposed to those located elsewhere in the srcotum).  Most testiclular calcification are found on ultrasound as incidental findings and are of no clinical importance.

Some, however, can occur in testicular tumors.  The pattern of the calcification may suggest a tumor but it is not 100% diagnostic by any means.  Almost all tumors of the testicle have other features suggesting the neoplastic nature of the lesion such as a mass and increased weight or density of the testicle.  Calcifications alone are not usually cause for alarm.  You shoud see a urlogist for evaluation.

Good luck.