Urology Community
Can a prostate leak into the anus?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Can a prostate leak into the anus?

I'll have the sensation of having a B.M. and instead when I push I get a clear substance that smells just like semen? So, can a prostate leak in the anus and is this a problem? This has been going on for a few years now. I'm 38 and had a colonoscopy 1 1/2 years ago and was told I had a healthy colon. Is this common in men? Is there anything I can do? One thing I should say as well is that when I wipe myself after a B.M I do go into the anus a bit so I feel 'clean', could this cause the prostate to be stimulated and therefore 'leak' ? Thanks...
Hi,,

It is most likely that this is mucous that is produced in the rectum or bowel.
However it is possible to have a pathway between the prostate and rectum. I currently have a fistula (hole) between my rectum and prostate.
Symptoms of this are: passing gas through the penis. UTI. passing urine into the rectum. Passing fecal matter through the penis or bladder.

You have not mentioned any of those so I do not think that there is a pathway in between.

All the best.

Ron