Urology Community
Catheter keeps falling out
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Catheter keeps falling out

My 80 year old mother is in a nursing home since May of this year. She barely walks so they put a catheter in. She had no problems until this past month when there was bleeding and pain. They removed the catheter to let her body parts rest. Since that time they have tried over 7 times to re-catheterize her with minimal success. The catheter continues to come out on its own when she goes to the bathroom for a bowel movement. She is so embarrassed when she wets the bed...she now says she doesn't know when she needs to urinate so she inevitably wets the bed. She is miserable.
My question: Is there some other type of catheter, other than a foley, that would help my mom. I can't believe she is the only one in the world with this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. mary