Urology Expert Forum
Dark bumps on testical
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Dark bumps on testical

I've noticed blood spots in my underware. They seem to be coming from dark bump-spot on one of my testicals.  I have several dark bumps on both but bleeding seems to be coming from only one of them. Please reply.
  Thank you,
  Robin
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Robin,
There are different causes for lesions or ulcers on the scrotum (skin overlying the testicles). It is hard to give a diagnosis since you have not given any other medical history which may help. These lesions
could be due to infectious, benign or malignant processes. Some of the potential causes include syphilis, herpes, chancroid, aphthous ulcers, erythrasma, Crohn's disease, angiokeratoma of Fordyce, squamous cell carcinoma  and basal cell carcinoma amongst others. Your problem may be angiokeratoma of Fordyce which is a benign disease, and is due to a collection of very small veins, in which case a single lesion may bleed. It is important for you to see a urologist or dermatologist for a thorough evaluation.
This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition.  More individualized care is available at the Henry Ford Hospital and its satellites (1 800 653-6568).
Sincerely,
HFHS M.D.-BE
*keyword: scrotal bleeding