Urology Expert Forum
Debris in Urine
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Debris in Urine

Back in April of last year I had what was(and still is) some mild burning at the tip of the penis as well as foamy or bubbly urine in the toilet after urination. The burning only lasts about 10 minutes after urination at this time. I had a dipstick done that was normal, no blood, protein, leukocytes, etc. A month later with the same symptoms my doctor did another dipstick and said it looked like a slight infection but did not give me any details, just Cipro for 10 days which did not help. After Cipro did microscopic urinalysis which was negative. Still with symptoms, sought a urologist. He cultured the urine which was negative. Did a DRE which was normal as well as 24 hour creatinine, protein and urine volume...all normal. Second culture was normal as well. Urologist then did cystoscopy which revealed a very small 3mm urethral stricture in the head of the penis and he thinks this is the cause of the burning which is mild at this time. Rest of the urtethra was normal as well as prostate. He said he could see no lesions on the bladder wall but my bladder was full of debris such as phosphates and so could not a get a good look. This physician also suggested urethroplasy to fix stricture.

I eventually went to a noted urologist for second opinion who said the bubbles do not mean anything since I have no protein in the urine and said urethroplasty would be like "hitting an ant with a sledge hammer" and not to do the surgery. He also did post void bladder scan which was normal and another urinalysis which showed 3-5 HPF WBC and moderate debris. My question is: What is this debris in the urine and is this normal, and is 3-5 HPF WBC significant?

Thanks!