Urology Expert Forum
Foreskin Restoration

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Foreskin Restoration

I'd like to begin foreskin restoration under the supervision of a doctor. Process is manual manipulation. My family doctor was unfamiliar with the process and he didn't seem to be supportive of it.  I guess I should see a Urologist.  Should a Urologist be familar with foreskin restoration?  I want to see a physician that knows of the procedure and won't think that I'm crazy.  This is something that I have thought about for over 10 years, and now I want to begin the process.   Thank you.
I would venture to say that most urologists (and most other fields) in the U.S. are unfamiliar with foreskin restoration. I have not been involved in this, only because no one has approached me about it. There are published surgical methods of restoring the foreskin, but I think that individual urologists experience with this is quite limited.
There is a relatively new subspecialty within urology called "reconstructive urology." If you desire to have a physician involved, you might consult one of these individuals. However, I do not see any need for physician involvement in just stretching the skin. Be careful that you not injure the skin with clip/clamps/tape.  Stretch slowly. Tissue expansion takes time
S.A.Liroff, M.D.