Urology Community
Foreskin pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Foreskin pain

4647842?1247301139
I had an allergic reaction the other day and among other things, my foreskin started to swell, after a few days it began to become very dry and cracked, then it became somewhat painful to urinate.  Finally I put some triple antibiotic on the tip and went on with things. A day later I noticed that skin started to regrow but it felt as if it was trying to seal the penis shut. I am unable to retract my foreskin to see the head of my penis due to the tightness of the skin.  What should I do?

It could be that you have balanitis. It would be best to have it examined by a doctor to make the right diagnosis. The antibiotic is a good idea but it might take some time for the foreskin to return to normal.

I had a very simmilar thing happen to me about 5 to six months ago. My doctor gave me some antibiotic cream and after about 2 weeks I was able to retract the foreskin but it was a bit tight. Now things are back to normal luckily. I don't believe in circumcision and made this clear to my doctor. She was more than willing to accept that and try everything else first should that have been needed.

All the best,

Ron
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The symptoms and picture are suggestive of balanitis. It is an inflammation of the glans (glands) penis.

Oral course of antibiotics is needed.In addition,pls don’t use any cosmetics on the penis,instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin.Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin.In case the symptoms persist then pls consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription.

I hope that helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

I am 34 diabetic male. I have had penis problems for the past two months with itching and dry skin. The doctor gave me meds for it and they worked. Now I have constant pain on the skin by my penis head. I was circumsised as a baby so that is not one of the problems if surgery were needed to help. Does anyone know what I can do to make this pain stop? I was giving pain killers and they are not doing a thing for me and was told to use an antibiotic cream like neosporin or triple ointment. I take baths daily like I was told to do but I really can't take the pain anymore. I let air get at it every night also like the doctor told me to do. Please, I hope someone can help me with this pain.