Urology Community
Have 1.7 cm. cyst on right kidney.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Have 1.7 cm. cyst on right kidney.

I have a 1.7 cm. cyst on right kidney. The Dr. said it wasn't nothing to worry about. Why is it there? Is this normal? The other kidney looked fine. I will be changing Dr.'s, as he treated me like a number and that doesn't get it. If anyone knows about cyst on kidneys please comment.
Dear Stormyeyes,

What was the outcome of your cyst? I'm curious due to the fact that I was also diagnosed with similar except mine is on my left cortex kidney (2 cm). The doctor told me they will monitor every 6 months and if I develop UTI to go in immediately. If I develop 3 or more UTI's in a year, then I should go to a urologist. Is this something that was stated to you? Please help me. Thank you in advance...Ronnie_Ann