High PSA
I'm a 33 year old and concerned about my PSA/prostate. Back in 2008 I was diagnosed with Prostatitis and went through some anti-bacterial treatment. Within a couple of months I started to feel better and have been tracking my PSA since.

May 2008 - PSA 4.5
July 2008 - PSA 3.9
April 2009 - PSA 3.1
Nov 2010 - PSA 3.0

I'm concerned because my primary care physician suggest my PSA should be below 2.5. I don't experience any problems such as problems peeing, pain or blood in urine. I've scheduled an appointment to meet with a urologist next week but in the mean time wanted to reach out to the community to get an idea on what this could be. Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I had a fairly simmilar thing about 5 years back. I had been seeying a urologist yearly to treat ED. Each time I went in, I also had my blood tested since I was using testosterone injections to boost low testosterone.

After my blood test my PSA came back reading 5.0. I was told to get it checked about a month later, the level was still at 5. During this time I went to the local clinic as I felt that I was coming down with a kidney infection. I was treated with Cirpo. About a month after when I had another PSA check, this time it came back as 4.5. I was told to get it checked in 6 months. When I did my leve had come down to 3. I was 41 at the time and was told not to worry about it.

It is possible that an infection will cause higher than normal PSA readings. At least that's what they told me.

All the best.

Ron
Ron,

Thanks for your feedback.