High White Blood Cell Count
I took a pre-employment drug test recently, and they found blood AND a high white cell count. I do have an ear infection that I've been treating with Clarithromycin 500 mg. 2 xs a day for a week now. I don't have a U.T.I. What else could cause this? My husband and I had sex on Saturday, I took the test on Monday, could possible vaginal trauma be the cause for the blood being found? They told me to follow with my Dr. but as I don't have insurance right now, I'm going to have to wait. Any and all information is much welcomed. Thank-you, :-).
    Thanks for writing in. High white cell count either in blood or urine suggests infection. In your case i think it could be UTI. Sometimes UTI are asymptomatic or less symptomatic and do not manifest themselves as classically as they usually do. Also use of antibiotics( Clarithromycin) could have caused negative results for UTI.

The other reasons in which white cell count in urine could be raised are contaminated urine sample, kidney stones, interstitial nephritis, tumors of the uroepithelium.
The conditions where blood in urine can be found are kidney stones, UTI, glomerulonephritis etc. As you mentioned, vaginal trauma, it might cause the presence of blood cells, but presence of white blood cells is quiet rare.

I would suggest that you get an ultrasound, repeat urine examination done. In case of any abnormality found cystoscopy might help.
All the best.