Urology Community
How long could non-bacterial Cystitis last?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I was treated for a UTI about a month and a half ago. The treatment was for 3 days which did not get rid of it so they extended the treatment for 4 more days. There was a day gap because I was not able to connect with the doctors office for them to call it in to the right pharmacy.
After that treatment I felt like it was not gone still. I waited for about 2 more weeks because I wanted to see if it would clear. When it felt like it did not entirely clear, I went back to the doctor who told me I didn't have any true signs of a UTI other than the fact that I frequently had to go to the bathroom and still had the same central abdominal pain in the UTI area. It  is a very distinct pain so I knew it was not cramps or intestinal pain. She still gave me a 7 day treatment of a different antibiotic (nitrofurantoin)which I waited for about another 2 weeks to take, until it felt like it was still not getting better. After this treatment I did not feel a difference. I waited about another 2 or 3 weeks and went in again. I know that not treating a UTI can lead to kidney infections so I was trying to be careful and not postpone attention that was needed.
The third time I went in I was told I had elevated protein but it was not a UTI.
I don't know what to do now because I don't have insurance and cannot afford to keep going to the doctor but I still have the frequency in having to go to the bathroom and have the central abdominal pain in my bladder and urinary tract.
Is it likely that it's non bacterial cystitis and nothing more? If so what can I do for that?
Tags: cystitis, uti