Urology Community
Infection after Prostate Biopsy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Infection after Prostate Biopsy

About a month ago I had a prostate biopsy. two days after I began to experience increased pain when urinating and a small amount of blood. The Dr. felt I had contracted an infection from the procedure and prescribed 5 days worth of levaquin and Keflex. I felt better at the conclusion of the 5 days but 4 or 5 days later my left testicle became very tender and I could hardley walk. the dr was very confident that the infection had not fully been erradicated and prescribed 10 days of the same medicines. Again a few days went by and the pain in my left testicle returned as well as pain in my groin and I am again taking antibiotics. is this common after prostate biopsy? Also I can feel a knot at the tip of the testicle that was not there prior to the procedure and is tender. Should i insist the Dr look for something other than an infection?
Tags: biopsy