Urology Community
Is a kidney stone (still inside my kidney) responsible for my Flank pai...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Is a kidney stone (still inside my kidney) responsible for my Flank pain?

Hi, any help is much appreciated.  I went to a Urologist for a very weird, but not really painful, feeling in my lower right side and left testicle.  After giving a urine sample, he found blood in my urine.  He ordered an ultrasound and a CT scan.  The ultrasound showed an epiditimal cyst, and the CT scan showed a 3mm kidney stone still inside my kidney.  They also ran a urine test for an infection and it came back negative.  He said he has no idea why I have this flank pain on my right side, but from a urological perspective there is no reason for my pain yet since the kidney stone has not yet begun to pass.  What could be causing this pain in my lower right side?  It feels like a slight nausea (sort of tickling but also sort of irritating). Also, I'm assuming the testicular pain is from teh epididimal cyst?  I also have a slight tingling feeling in my penis on occasion. I was wondering if it could be prostatitus or something else?  Any help would be much appreciated.  I thought the pain in my right lower side was appendicitus but have had the pain for like 3 or 4 weeks now so it can't be that.  Anyway, thanks a bunch.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Well, epididymal cysts are usually painless swellings. The pain in testicles can be referred pain of stone. However a stone in right kidney will cause referred pain to right testicle and not the left one. Yes, prostatitis is a possibility that should be looked into. Flank pain can be due to kidney stone. Once the stone starts moving you will have pain radiating down to the groin.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!