Urology Expert Forum
Lack of Pressure when Urinating

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Lack of Pressure when Urinating

I am a 48 year old male and in good health. I have noticed recently when urinating that I have no problem to urinate, however, I have lost the ability to control the flow. Until recently I could control the flow of urine into the urinal, this ability is now very poor. In addition, the last few drops of urine will dribble. where as this used to be controlled. Is this a symptom with growing older, or an underlying problem. At the same time it is associated with a difficulty to ejeculate when making love. I do not lose the erection, but the ability to ejeculate is very difficult, although masturbation is not a problem?
Any prostate problem can lead to your symptoms.  I would have a physical exam to evaluate the prostate size.  If it is enlarged, it can lead to problems controlling the flow - and there is medication to help reduce its size.  

I would also consider various causes of infection - such as a UTI or prostatitis.  In addition to the physical exam, you can consider a urinalysis for further evaluation.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
http://www.straightfromthedoc.com