Late Menstrual Cycle with UTI
I've been experiencing an untreated Urinary Tract Infection for the past few weeks and the UTI was caused by having sex with a full bladder...and we used protection. Anyway, my period is 6 days late!!! I'm starting to freak out a bit because I'm still in high school...can a UTI effect my period and make it late? Because it has to be impossible for me to be pregnant...because he well "pulled out" before he "put out" AND there was a condom involved, not only that I haven't been having ANY early symptoms of pregnancy.
How are you? Delayed period may be caused by a variety of issues such as infection, possible pregnancy, hormone changes, and other gynecological conditions. Though barrier methods such as condom are usually effective if used properly, it is best that you also check with urine pregnancy test one week after the expected period to rule this out. Take care and do keep us posted.