Urology Expert Forum
Low seminal fluid and globular sperm

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Low seminal fluid and globular sperm

About 8 months ago I had a CT Scan for a pain in my side and they found nothing.  They decided to also scan my pelvic area and found nothing. Well, since that time, off and on, I have experienced a very low amount of watery, globular semen when I ejaculate.  It is rather uncomfortable at times since it feels like tiny pebbles scraping the inside of my penis.  I can still become aroused as normal with my wife and lately I no longer have the milky white sticky semen I used to, just this watery globular stuff.  I first noticed it, because of the discomfort, later the same day after I had that CT Scan.  I figured it was the scan and didn't do anything about it and sometimes it was normal as usual, but like I said, lately, like this last two weeks or so, it's all been that watery globular stuff (which is a translucent off-white in color).  Any help would be appreciated.
One option that you can do would be a semen analysis to ensure that there is no obvious disease that is affecting the semen.

The standard semen analysis consists of the following:
- Measurement of semen volume and pH
- Microscopy for debris and agglutination
- Assessment of sperm concentration, motility, and morphology
- Sperm leukocyte count
- Search for immature germ cells.

I would also suggest a urinalysis and prostate exam to evaluate for any infectious etiology.  These tests can be discussed with your urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.
1 Comment
0