Urology Expert Forum
Male Adult Bedwetting

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Male Adult Bedwetting
  My brother is 33 years old and has wet the bed since a child.  He wets about 4 or 5 times a week.  He is very embarrassed by this and will not go to a doctor.  His wife has asked for my help.  How can I get help for him?  He is very angry over this drinks alot and has a bad temper as well.  But I seem to think is all because of the bed wetting.  He doesn't leak during the day or have problems during the time he is awake.  Only when he is asleep.  Please send info to help!!!!!!!!!
_
Dear trouble,
He really should be evaluated by a urologist.  Noctural Enuresis, or bed wetting is uncommon past the age of puberty.  After a thorough history and physical, it can be determined if this is primary or secondary enuresis.  Primary enuresis is consistent with accidents throughout life, which sound like is the problem.  A work-up could be done to exclude structural, neurologic causes, systemic diseases and functional incontinence.  There is no single etiology to explain enuresis in every patient.
A simple physical done by the right doctor, a urologist, with a blood  and urine specimen sent for analysis and culture could answer some basic questions.  There are also medications that can be taken that when given at night may limit the amount of urine made.  I
A related discussion, Nocurnal enuresis was started.