Aa
A
A
Close
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Mucus in urine?
Hello. I'm a healthy, 32 year old woman. On two different occasions when urinating today, I noticed a fairly large (2 inch or so) strand of mucus in the toilet bowl. On the second occasion, I was concerned and did examine it, and it was clear-colored mucus.

I do think that I will be ovulating soon, so I'm wondering if this could be cervical mucus that came out when I pushed to urinate. Is that even possible? I didn't notice much, if any, mucus on the toilet paper, which is why I wasn't totally convinced it was cervical mucus.

I did some Googling and discovered that mucus in the urine can be a sign of cancer -- urachal cancer, among others -- so now I'm worried, even though it's probably nothing. Is there a way to tell whether this mucus was actually part of my urine, or whether it came from somewhere else (like my cervix)?

Thanks for any advice.

Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233190 tn?1278553401
Cervical mucous is possible.

Obtaining a urinalysis can analyze the urine for any abnormality - looking for protein or glucose in the urine.

If there is evidence of blood, or suspicion of cancer, a cystoscopy can be considered.

If cervical discharge is present, you should be evaluated by a gynecologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A related discussion, Mucus in urine was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A