Urology Community
My 8 year old peeing blood and hurting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

My 8 year old peeing blood and hurting

On wednesday last week, My son threw up at school when we picked him up he went to the bathroom and noticed a drop or to of blood.  We monitored it and did not see anymore.  On Friday Morning when he woke up he went to the bathroom and it was all blood, I made an appointment and they did a urine culture and said , he has protein, white blood cells and blood in her urine (more then should have been) They then did a strep test (negative) and a CBC the platelets and Hemaglobin was fine.  They said to call back for resultas on urine culture, I did and they said it was negative.??? Any idea of what could be?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
In children, hematuria or blood in urine is found in a number of conditions like kidney causes like glomerular causes like glomerulonephritis, nephritis, hemolytic uremic syndrome, renal vein thrombosis, certain kidney tumors and polycystic kidney disease, blood coagulation disorders, polycystic kidneys and sickle cell anemia.

Your son may have to undergo abdominal ultrasound, cystoscopy, intravenous pyelogram, kidney biopsy, strep test and test for sickle cell, and antinuclear antibody test for lupus along with the tests. please consult a urologist and get it done.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.