Urology Community
Overactive Bladder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Overactive Bladder

Does an overactive bladder cause any painful symptoms?
You might be suffering for IC.... if your bladder is "overactive" meaning you feel like
you have to urinate frequently and it also feels swollen, or irritated, or like there is
a burning, stinging sensation even when you don't have to urinate,  sounds like IC to me.  But I suggest you get that checked out with a urologist. Your doctor might do a cystoscopy- that is, look up your urethra into your bladder and examine the walls
of your bladder to see if the lining has thinned out or if there are any cysts or scars.
Only your urologist can tell you if you have IC, but that's how I discovered that I had it.
I thought I was having a UTI, but antibiotics did not relieve the pain or the other symptoms.
After that, I got a prescription for Elmiron and am much, much better.

Don't put off going to your doctor.  It won;t hurt to get scoped.