Urology Community
Pain below tailbone when stopping flow of urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

For the past 4 days I have had intense pain just above my tailbone. The pains appears to be pinpointed about 1" below my tailbone. It is very sore to the touch, but have no discoloration or noticable bumps. When I really feel it
is when I attempt to 'sqeeze' the last of a urination out. It is the same type of contraction that you'd expererience if you stopped the flow of urine. It is very difficult to sleep (apparently this muscle is used a lot during normal movements....not just for urinating).  I feel no pain from the actual process of urinating, onlt when I use that muscle near the completing (or during regualr moving around). Any advice/suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Marc
Hmmm...I wonder if you have a bulging disc or something going on around your tailbone.  I just found out that my L-5 is "fused" to my tailbone, not normal...but certainly not uncommon.  It's causing my disc to bulge according to my chiropractor and it could be the cause of my frequent urination.  the theory is that the bulge is putting pressure on the nerves in that area that run to my bladder and prostate.  I'm not sure if adjustments would fix the problem...but I'm giving it a try.  Just wanted to share in case it sparks an idea in your mind.