Urology Community
Pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain

A year and a half ago my doctor put me on hydrin because of difficulty urinating. A CT at that time showed "significant calcification" but "nothing to worry about" on the prostate. DRE was normal. Four months ago I had pain that felt like testicle pain during sex. A few weeks later my urine shut down to dribbles and my doctor did a catheter after 2 days of dribbling, but said bladder was "no where near full". She put me on 2 weeks of cipro. I developed pelvic, back , upper leg and buttock pain as well as on and off throbbing pain between testicles and anus. (PSA=0.6) Doctor tried 2 weeks sulfur antibiotic and sent me to urologist. He did urine tests (clean) and bladder scan (fairly empty after voiding). Said "moderate BPH" and changed Rx to Uraxatrol. Did not address pain which continues in lower and mid back, between legs and upper legs and hips (not necessarily everywhere at once).  Sex not affected except  less often and occasionally my penis lacks sensitivity. Where do I go from here? No insurance and my wife says I'm bankrupting us with med bills and I'm just getting old (53). I'm terrified it's cancer, which the urologist dismisses (though he's never examined me).    
I am not a doctor but it seems you probably need more testing to rule out possible causes of your condition(CT scan, cystoscopy, etc.) My uninsured friends have had success at negotiating treatments at local university-affiliated medical centers. The hospitals will cut a deal on treatment and payment if you contact them first. One friend contacted a regular hospital and negotiated a deal to pay them the same rate as they would get from Blue Cross. The down side may be  these centers are crowded with uninsured patients and the wait time will be longer. Bring a book.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...